Sugar-Free Pear Sauce
This creamy pear sauce is a delicious change from applesauce.
- 12 cups fresh pear quarters
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- Place orange juice into a large pan and begin heating.
- Wash pears and cut into quarters. Add quarters to hot orange juice and bring to boil.
- Cook at a very low boil for 30 minutes, stirring often (especially at the beginning) to prevent scorching.
- Using a large slotted spoon, transfer pears to blender (draining them well). (A heavy-duty blenderworks best for this recipe; other blenders may not get the pear sauce smooth enough.)
- Blend until very smooth.
Makes approximately 1 1/2 quarts of sauce.
Recipe by JennifersKitchen at https://jenniferskitchen.com/2013/09/how-to-make-pear-sauce-sugar-free.html