Black Bean Veggie Salad
Yield 8 cups
A quick and easy, full-of-flavor, main dish salad.
- 3 cups (two 15-ounce cans) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups corn kernels, drained
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 small sweet onion, diced small
- 10 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil – optional
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 - 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoon granulated onion
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt - more or less depending on how much salt is in the black beans and corn
- 1 medium red or orange bell pepper, diced small
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced or 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup fresh minced cilantro
- guacamole - optional
- Stir together all ingredients except pepper, tomatoes, and cilantro in a large mixing bowl.
- Add pepper, tomatoes, and cilantro and gently mix.
Serve with guacamole.
Make Ahead Tip:
Mix together all ingredients except pepper, tomatoes, and cilantro and place in a sealed container in the refrigerator. Add pepper, tomatoes, and cilantro immediately before serving.
Recipe by JennifersKitchen at https://jenniferskitchen.com/2019/06/black-bean-veggie-salad.html