I often get asked for the recipe for my Skinny Scallop Potatoes and my No-Meatball recipe usually gets lots of compliments, but without a doubt, my most often commented-on dish is my Creamy Crock Pot Pinto Beans.
“WHAT is your SECRET to such creamy and delicious beans!?!?”
“I’ve never eaten beans that were this delicious and tender and creamy!!”
And it always makes me giggle because these crock pot beans are soooooo EASY that it never occurred to me to actually write a recipe for them.
How to Make Creamy Crock Pot Beans
Making these luscious beans is as simple as 1, 2, 3. (Plus one little secret.)
1. You simply put your sorted and rinsed pinto beans into a slow-cooker.
2. Add some water.
3. And turn the slow cooker on high.
Five minutes and you are DONE! (The slow cooker does the rest for you :))
The Secret for Creamy Pinto Beans
The secret for the very best, lusciously creamy, always delicious, slow-cooked beans is to always cook the beans on high for at least 10 hours (even up to 18 hours).
You can’t overcook beans in a slow-cooker. (Well, I suppose you can, but I’ve never accomplished this and a couple times I cooked my beans for 22 hours.)
Fast and Easy Healthy Meals
That may sound like a lot of time, but don’t worry. It’s all hands-off time! You don’t have to do a thing after you put your beans in the slow cooker.
There’s nothing quite like home-cooked beans. And it really is that easy.
Once you try them, you may never want to buy a can of beans again.
Delicious Ways to Eat Creamy Crock Pot Pinto Beans
These creamy beans are so yummy, I often just eat a bowl of them by themselves.
You could also top them with tomatoes and avocado.
Or serve them with rice.
Or use them in these Healthy Vegan Bean Burritos.
Or with this 6-Ingredient Avocado Slaw.
Or with this Cilantro Lime Rice.
Or have them on top of a baked sweet potato.
Or serve them with a large salad. (Try one of these oil-free vegan salad dressings.)
Health Benefits of Beans
Beans are a nutritional powerhouse, providing slimming fiber (great for weight loss) plus an abundance of other health-giving nutrients that have been shown to help to prevent and treat diabetes, lower cholesterol, and lower blood pressure. They also promote gut health!
Read more about the health benefits of beans!
Creamy Crock-Pot Pinto Beans
- Sort through beans, removing any stones and dirt. Place beans in a large colander and rinse very well under running water.
- Transfer beans to a 3-quart slow cooker. Add water and bay leaves.
- Turn slow cooker on high and cook for at least 10 hours or up to 18 hours.
- When beans are done, add seasonings. Stir very well.(All slow cookers cook differently, but you can determine how long your beans need to cook by testing them. If they are very soft, tender, and starting to fall apart, they are done.)
OPTIONAL STEP FOR EXTRA CREAMY BEANS:
- Gently smash some of the beans against the side of the slow cooker with the back of the spoon or large fork, then continue stirring until desired creaminess is reached.
- If you prefer thicker beans (like I do), remove lid and allow to cook on high for an additional 30 minutes stirring frequently. They will also thicken as they cool.Serve hot.
>> One quick request: if you like this recipe, please leave a rating and a comment. Ratings help more people find these healthy recipes!
For more healthy and delicious recipes like this one that will simplify your journey to a healthier and thinner you, check out my
You my also like:
Before you go . . .
Did you know that you can eat all this delicious food AND lose weight? You can!
No calorie counting. No portion sizes.
Join my online weight loss program today!