There are some things in this world that that should come with a detailed instruction manual. Like chopsticks. And hammocks. Oh, and kids.
But this delicious Black Bean Veggie Salad isn’t one of them. Just grab a bowl, mix all your ingredients together and voila! You have yourself one very lovely, very delicious main dish salad.
Easy peasy. Even a kid can do it.
Earning Its Way to the Top Ten
Within one bite of this bright, fresh, and colorful bean salad, it will rightfully earn an honorable place among your regular, go-to, summer recipes – thanks to its ease of preparation, amazing flavors, and perfectly picnicable qualities.
Another great thing about this recipe is it can be prepared in just one bowl = few dirty dishes = happy me.
Picnic with friends? Block party? Family reunion? Graduation? Potluck meal?
This dish is what I often make when I need to make something for a large crowd. It’s easy to transport, everyone loves it, and it satisfies a variety of dietary preferences, such as like gluten-free and vegan.
Beautifully Healthy and Slimming
This main dish salad also gets extra points for being one of the healthiest meals you can eat. It’s a superb source of antioxidants, which can help fight inflammation. And it’s loaded with nutrients that help with weight loss.
Please let me know how you like this. I love reading your comments!
How do I run a high traffic site without ads? Some of my posts contain affiliate links. If you purchase anything through those links, your cost is the same, but I receive a small commission. Thank you for your help!
Black Bean Veggie Salad
- 3 cups cooked black beans - rinsed and drained, (two 15-ounce cans)
- 1 1/2 cups organic corn kernels - drained
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 small sweet onion, diced small
- 10 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil - optional
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 – 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons granulated onion
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt - more or less depending on how much salt is in the black beans and corn
- 1 medium red or orange bell pepper, diced small
- 2 medium Roma tomatoes, diced - or 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup fresh minced cilantro
- guacamole - optional
- Stir together all ingredients except pepper, tomatoes, and cilantro in a large mixing bowl.
- Add pepper, tomatoes, and cilantro and gently mix.
- Serve with guacamole.
>> One quick request: if you like this recipe, please leave a rating and a comment. Ratings help more people find these healthy recipes!
For more healthy and delicious recipes like this one that will simplify your journey to a healthier and thinner you, check out my
You my also like:
Before you go . . .
Did you know that you can eat all this delicious food AND lose weight? You can!
No calorie counting. No portion sizes.
Join my online weight loss program today!