Creamy Vegan Lime Dip
Yield 1 3/4 cups
The perfect dip for sweet potatoes.
1/2 teaspoon (scant) lime zest
1/4 cup FRESH lime juice (from about 4 limes)
3/4 cup raw cashews
1 - 2 tablespoon water – depending on how thick you want the dip to be
1 cup (scant) mashed silken tofu (about 7 ounces)
1 1/4 teaspoons granulated onion
1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
1 1/4 teaspoons (scant) salt
1 tablespoon coconut oil – optional
- Using a citrus zester, zest fresh limes taking care to only use the green part of the skin, not the white part.
- Juice the limes. (I use this citrus juicer to juice my limes.)
- Place cashews in a colander or mesh strainer and rinse under hot water. Drain well.
- Place all ingredients except lime zest in blender and blend until very smooth and creamy.
- Add lime zest and blend to mix.
Makes about 1 3/4 cups.
- Be sure to buy only fresh cashews and store them in the freezer until ready to use. Old cashews make this dip taste terrible.
- For best results, place cashews in a colander and rinse under hot water before using. This will ensure cleanliness and help them blend smoother.
Recipe by JennifersKitchen at https://jenniferskitchen.com/2019/10/roasted-sweet-potato-coins-with-creamy-lime-dip.html