Dear Mr. Sunshine,
Welcome back. You’ve been missed! Now that you’re here, I want to spend every spare moment with you, and I certainly have no desire to hang out with Mr. Stove. Soooo, sandwiches for lunch it is!
Yes, I know sandwiches can be boring, but the zingy red onion, the crunchy cucumber, just-right seasonings, and the creamy mayo in this sandwich filling take the simple sandwich from ho-hum to oh-yum! And the chick peas – oh yes, the chick peas – they stuff a healthy dose of fiber and protein in between those slices of bread, making this sandwich a super filling, yet remarkably slimming lunch.
So thank you, Mr. Sunshine for showing your happy face, encouraging me to get outside again, and reminding me of how delicious lunchtime can be. But no more sunburns, ok?
What’s your favorite, no-stove-needed, summertime food? I’d love to hear about it!
Here is my collection of no-cook recipes:
Chickpea Salad Sandwich
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 3/4 cup Skinny Mayo from the Jennifer's Kitchen weight loss program - (or you can use Jennifer's Kitchen Dill Dressing or Jennifer's Kitchen Creamy Italian Dressing)
- 1 teaspoon granulated onion
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/8 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon dried rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon honey - or agave nectar
- 1 rib celery, diced small
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onion - or sweet onion
- 3 tablespoons finely diced cucumber - optional
- whole-grain bread
- Place garbanzos in a large mixing bowl and lightly mash with a fork or a potato masher or lightly chop using a food processor. (Don’t mash them too much; you want some large pieces.)
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Chill. Serve on whole-grain bread with lettuce and sliced tomatoes.
>> One quick request: if you like this recipe, please leave a rating and a comment. Ratings help more people find these healthy recipes!
For more healthy and delicious recipes like this one that will simplify your journey to a healthier and thinner you, check out my
You my also like:
Before you go . . .
Did you know that you can eat all this delicious food AND lose weight? You can!
No calorie counting. No portion sizes.
Join my online weight loss program today!