I’ve had several requests lately for the Wonderful Waffle recipe to be put back on the website. (When I switched from Blogger to WordPress, the recipe didn’t make the trip.) So here it is, but this time with a video! : )
These waffles are soooo good!
- Place all ingredients in blender and blend until very smooth. This may take several minutes if you don’t have a very powerful blender.
- Meanwhile, preheat waffle iron.
- Pour batter into hot, oiled waffle iron. Use approximately 1 1/4 cups for an 8-inch waffle iron. (Even if your iron is non-stick, you may still need to oil it.)
- Bake on medium-high. When steam stops rising from iron (after about 10 to 12 minutes) and lid lifts easily, check waffle for doneness. Baking time will vary a great deal as some waffle irons bake hotter than others. Large waffles take longer to bake than smaller ones.
Waffle is done when it is nicely browned.
2. These waffles take a little longer to bake than ordinary waffles that contain baking soda or baking powder. (We like to avoid baking soda and powder when possible as they aren't good for the bones or for digestion.) However, your patience will be rewarded with good health and a delicious breakfast!
3. These waffles freeze nicely. Just heat in the toaster before eating.
These waffles are quite tasty served with Berry Berry Sauce.