Sitting here eating a bowl of this lusciously creamy pasta with vegan sauce and thinking about the many simple things that make life happy ….
What I’m grateful for today:
Cozy socks that let me slide across the hardwood floor into homebase (a.k.a. the kitchen island).
Getting snowed in last week with the sweetest cabin fellows I could ever ask for.
Firewood that warms us twice – once when we cut it and again when we burn it.
Super-powered blenders that magically turn healthy ingredients into luscious comfort food.
Whole-grain pasta that doesn’t taste like cardboard.
Creamy bowls of this delicious macaroni and (healthy) vegan cheese that makes comfort food oh-so-comforting.
If you are trying to find a good gluten-free pasta brand, I gotcha covered. We tested 21 varieties and rated them from the worst gluten-free pasta to the best gluten-free pasta. Check it out!
Pasta with Vegan Cheese Sauce
Yield 4 servings
Instead of adding inches to your waistline, this luscious and creamy macaroni and "cheese" is slimming and nutritious.
- Cook pasta until al dente.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Meanwhile, wash cashews in a colander under very hot water.
- Place drained cashews and remaining ingredients in blender and blend until very smooth. (A heavy-duty blender works best for this recipe; other blenders may not get the mixture smooth enough. Mixture should be very smooth with no graininess.)
- When pasta is done, drain well, and place in an oiled 2 1/2-quart casserole dish.
- Pour blender mixture over pasta and very lightly mix.
- Bake uncovered at 375°F for 15 minutes. Serve hot.
Healthy Macaroni and Cheese?
No bad-for-you, go-straight-to-the-hips, refined fat or other unhealthy ingredients kraftily hidden in this luscious dish.
Instead you get a gluten-free pasta dish with a healthy twist and an extra dose of fiber – a super helpful nutrient when it comes to weight loss.