This dip is the cheesecake of all dips – thick and creamy, rich and luscious, maxed on flavor, goes well with anything.
Healthy and Slimming Dip
Most dips are quite fattening, but this one can be enjoyed without worrying about calories or fat. Not only is this Creamy Cashew Dip dairy-free and gluten-free, but it’s also loaded with fiber – something that no dairy dip can boast!
So while this recipe lists the serving size as 2 tablespoons (only because that’s standard for how dips are listed), please, don’t be shy – dig right in!
From the moment this delicious dip enters your mouth, to the last creamy drop you lick out of the bowl (not that I would know anything about licking it out of the bowl), this dip will have you hooked.
What to Eat with this Dip
While my hopes are that this dip will inspire you to eat more vegetables, it also tastes great with chips … or with crackers … it’s even yummy spread on toast … and in place of mayonnaise on veggie sandwiches … mixed into hot pasta … I’ve even mixed a teaspoon or two into a bowl of this Spinach Soup and that was delish.
One Last Note
I try to test most of my recipes to see if they freeze well, and, to my surprise, this dip handled the cold like a champ.
Creamy Cashew Chive Dip
- 1 1/2 cups raw cashews
- 2/3 cup water
- 5 tablespoons lemon juice - (1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon)
- 2 teaspoons roasted tahini
- 2 – 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 3/4 teaspoons granulated onion
- 1 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley - optional
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- Wash cashews in a colander under very hot water. Drain well.
- Place drained cashews, water, lemon juice, tahini, oil, granulated onion, salt, and granulated garlic in blender and blend well. (A heavy-duty blender works best for this recipe; other blenders may not get the mixture smooth enough.) Scrape down sides of blender and blend again until mixture is very, very smooth.
- Add dried minced onion and blend until mixed.
- Stir in dried parsley and chives. Chill.
>> One quick request: if you like this recipe, please leave a rating and a comment. Ratings help more people find these healthy recipes!
For more healthy and delicious recipes like this one that will simplify your journey to a healthier and thinner you, check out my
You my also like:
Before you go . . .
Did you know that you can eat all this delicious food AND lose weight? You can!
No calorie counting. No portion sizes.
Join my online weight loss program today!