This website is brought to you without annoying ads because we can better live healthier lives without the influence of marketing. But running a high-traffic site is expensive. How can you help? If you purchase anything through the affiliate links on my site, your cost is the same, but I receive a small commission. Thank you!
In the 1800’s, the amount of refined sugar consumed by the average American was just under 1 1/2 teaspoons a day. But now, the average American eats over 22 teaspoons of sugar per day.
How are we getting so much sugar?
Refined sugar is hidden in over 70% of packaged foods, and then we add it in abundance to home-baked foods.
This delicious Sugar-Free Apple Crisp offers a sweet solution. Instead of using refined sugar, it’s sweetened with date sugar and pure maple syrup.
What is date sugar?
Date sugar isn’t really a sugar. It’s a very tasty, natural sweetener made from dried dates – a very healthful, nutritious fruit. It adds a luscious, naturally sweet flavor to this healthy apple crisp.
Sugar-Free Apple Crisp
- Stir together oats, flour, date sugar, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Cut in coconut oil until thoroughly incorporated.
- Stir in maple syrup and 2 tablespoons of apple juice.
- Mix in walnuts. Set aside.
- Prepare filling. Stir together arrowroot or cornstarch and juice concentrate in a large mixing bowl.
- Peel and dice apples into small pieces. Add to juice/starch mixture and mix well.
- Transfer apples to an oiled 8-inch x 8-inch baking dish. Spoon topping mixture over apples and lightly pat down.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 to 35 minutes or until topping is lightly browned. Serve hot, warm, or cold.
>> One quick request: if you like this recipe, please leave a rating and a comment. Ratings help more people find these healthy recipes!
For more healthy and delicious recipes like this one that will simplify your journey to a healthier and thinner you, check out my
You my also like:
Before you go . . .
Did you know that you can eat all this delicious food AND lose weight? You can!
No calorie counting. No portion sizes.
Join my online weight loss program today!