In the summer – which is a full 3 weeks long here in Michigan – I have somewhere between 0 and 0.01% interest in spending more than 7 ½ minutes in the kitchen preparing a meal.
And that is why wraps are one of my favorite foods.
They are quick.
They are easy.
They are nourishing.
And you can switch up the ingredients so you get a different flavor every day of the week.
Clean-Eating Mediterranean Wrap
The crunch of the lettuce and cucumbers, the creamy artichoke hearts, the earthy tang of fresh tomatoes, the zing of the onions, the rich creaminess of the avocado – all these bright, fresh flavors make this Mediterranean Wrap my favorite wrap to date.
Why Make Your Own Wraps?
While wraps that you can buy from a deli, Whole Foods, or other healthy store are a much healthier option than, say, a hamburger and fries, they are still almost always loaded with refined oils and other fattening ingredients. Putting together your own wraps means you control the ingredients.
Load up on fresh vegetables, include a high-fiber bean spread, and minimize the refined fats and you have a super-healthy wrap that will not only help with weight loss, but will make a delicious lunch too!
Yield 1 serving
This wrap is a high-fiber lunch that’s full of flavor.
- 1 12-inch wrap or two 8-inch wraps
WHITE BEAN FILLING
- 1 cup white beans, drained but not rinsed
- 3/4 teaspoon granulated onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice, scant
- 1 tablespoon olive oil – optional
- 1/4 cup chopped canned artichoke hearts
- 1 tablespoon finely diced sweet onion
- 1/4 cup chopped lettuce
- 2 - 4 tablespoons chopped tomato
- 2 - 4 tablespoons chopped cucumber
- 1/2 medium avocado, sliced thin
- In a small bowl, mash white beans with lemon juice and seasonings.
- Spread white beans on wrap.
- Arrange remaining ingredients down center of wrap. Roll up wrap enclosing fillings.