Yes, this fruit salad is fabulous! This recipe should probably make about 4 servings (or 8 if you go by the measly serving sizes set by the USDA), but I could almost eat the whole serving bowl myself! This is so good.
Why is this fruit salad fabulous?
1. It is so scrumptious!
2. Fruit! Fresh fruit! Whole, fresh fruit contains a perfect package of minerals, vitamins, fiber, enzymes, antioxidants, pectin, and other naturally-occurring “ingredients”.
3. These “ingredients” (above) are very helpful for weight loss.
4. Eating fresh fruit for breakfast has been shown to help prevent overeating later in the day.
5. The sauce! Oh, the absolutely luscious sauce! The best part about this fruit salad: licking out the bowl after you’ve eaten all the fruit.
Fabulous and Flexible Fruit Salad
By far my favorite fruits to use in this salad are blueberries and strawberries (the flavors go so well with the sauce), but other types of fruit work well also.
Wonderful Fabulous Breakfast
Have some of this Fabulous Fruit Salad on top of these Wonderful Waffles and you have a Wonderful Fabulous Breakfast! : )
- 1 1/2 cups (one 13-ounce can) full-fat, unsweetened, canned coconut milk
- 1/4 cup frozen pineapple juice concentrate
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 banana, fresh or frozen
- 4 cups fresh fruit mixture, such as blueberries, sliced strawberries, halved grapes, sliced bananas, or sliced peaches - Fresh fruit works best for this recipe. The exception is frozen strawberries; they taste really good in this salad. (My favorite combo: 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries + 1 1/2 cups frozen strawberries + 1/2 cup fresh peaches + 1/2 cup sliced bananas)
- Place coconut milk, juice concentrate, cashews, salt, and vanilla in blender and blend until smooth. (A heavy-duty blender works best for this recipe; other blenders may not get the mixture smooth enough.)
- Add banana and blend until smooth.
- Place fruit into serving bowl, add blender mixture, and gently stir.
What’s your favorite fresh fruit?