Smoothies are a cold, sweet treat for those hot summer days … and a yummy alternative to fattening ice cream.
You can always find a bag of frozen bananas in our freezer so we can whip up one or two (or three or four) of these frosty treats at a moment’s notice. Frozen mango dices can be found in the freezer section of your grocery store.
This cool and refreshing recipe is a good source of vitamin C, calcium, and fiber and can quell just about any ice cream craving you’re experiencing.
- 1/4 cup canned coconut milk
- 1/4 cup almond or soy milk
- 1/2 cup diced pineapple
- 1/2 cup frozen mango chunks
- 2 frozen, medium-size bananas, cut into pieces (about 2 cups frozen banana pieces)
- 1 tablespoon honey or raw sugar – optional
- Place all ingredients in blender in order listed.
- Blend until smooth, but do not over blend or mixture will lose its “frostiness” and get too thin.