For many people around the world, rice is a common breakfast food, but in the U.S. we seldom see its appearance at any time except dinner … unless, of course, it goes snap, crackle, pop.
But this versatile, gluten-free grain deserves a little more recognition.
Rice is an easily digested, very nourishing grain, and research shows that eating whole grains, such as brown rice, may actually help reduce belly fat.
Not sure how to cook it? Click here for a post I wrote on how to cook brown rice.
You say you don’t like brown rice? My darling brown rice skeptic, your time has come.
Notes on this recipe:
I like to cook a batch of brown rice at the beginning of the week and keep it on hand in the refrigerator so we can use it for a quick breakfast or other rice dishes.
Coconut and Weight Loss
Pineapple Coconut Rice with Strawberries
- 1 1/2 cups full-fat, canned coconut milk - (one 14-ounce can)
- 4 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 20-ounce can crushed pineapple - (do NOT drain)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla - scant
- your choice of sweetener
- 1 cup sliced fresh or frozen strawberries
- Place all ingredients, except vanilla, sweetener, and strawberries, in a medium saucepan. Mix well.
- Bring to boil, then reduce heat to a low boil and cook, uncovered, for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cereal will thicken as it cooks.
- When cereal is done, remove lid and stir in vanilla and sweetener.Serve topped with strawberries.
>> One quick request: if you like this recipe, please leave a rating and a comment. Ratings help more people find these healthy recipes!
You my also like:
Before you go . . .
Did you know that you can eat all this delicious food AND lose weight? You can!
No calorie counting. No portion sizes.
Join my online weight loss program today!