Loaded Sweet Potatoes
My favorite kind of dishes are those that everyone can tailor to their individual tastes. Like Healthy Potato Nachos. Or this vegan Macaroni and Cheese Bar. Or Mazidra.
Or these lovely Loaded Sweet Potatoes.
Different preferences? Picky eater? Gluten-free? No problem. Just set out all the fixin’s and everyone gets to build their own delicious plate just the way they like it! Which makes these make-it-how-you-like-it kind of meals perfect for when you have company coming for dinner.
I used my Vegan, Soy-Free Sour Cream recipe on these loaded sweet potatoes, but you could use this Healthy 5- Minute Vegan Cheese Sauce instead. Or you could use both!!
Loaded Sweet Potatoes
- 4 medium to large sweet potatoes
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced small
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper, diced small
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon granulated onion
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 1/2 cups cooked black beans, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt - or to taste
- 1 medium fresh tomato, diced small
- 6 green onions, sliced
- Jennifer's Kitchen Vegan Sour Cream - or purchased sour cream
- Scrub sweet potatoes, place on middle rack of oven and bake at 400°F for 45 minutes or until completely soft.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, sauté diced onions and peppers in oil over medium-low heat until onions begin to look translucent. (If you’re in a hurry, you can skip the sauteing and just load the sweet potato up with raw onions and garlic, but I prefer them sauteed.)
- Add garlic and sauté for one additional minute.
- Add beans and seasonings and cook until thoroughly heated.
- Assemble sweet potatoes: Slice baked sweet potatoes lengthwise down the middle. Fill each sweet potato with 1/4 of the bean mixture. Top with tomatoes, green onions, and sour cream.
>> One quick request: if you like this recipe, please leave a rating and a comment. Ratings help more people find these healthy recipes!
You my also like:
Before you go . . .
Did you know that you can eat all this delicious food AND lose weight? You can!
No calorie counting. No portion sizes.
Join my online weight loss program today!
I soooo love your photos. So colorful.
Thank you, Limor. That’s kind of you to say.
Mmmmmm this is such lovely food, I can’t get enough sweet potatoes… I love your site it’s really beautiful 🙂
Just made this for dinner so delicious! Was going to take a picture for instagram but already dug in lol! Thanks Jennifer
Wonderful! SO happy you enjoyed it.