While there may not be a magic weight loss pill, one nutrient comes very close.
Research shows that those who are able to lose weight and keep it off consume an average of 33% more fiber-rich foods than their overweight counterparts.
How to Lose Weight if You Don’t Like Healthy Food
Fruits, vegetables, whole grains, beans, nuts, and seeds are all excellent sources of fiber; but so many ask, “How can I lose weight if I don’t like healthy foods?”
Here’s a sweet way to get more slimming fiber in your diet. Berries!!
Berry, Berry Good!
Besides being delicious, berries provide several important nutrients, such as vitamin C, Vitamin K, manganese, folate, … and super slimming fiber!
Studies show that fiber not only helps to burn fat, but it also suppresses the appetite.
A breakfast of this delicious Berry Berry Sauce over Wonderful Oat Waffles provides you with 27(!!) grams of fat-fighting fiber! That’s almost twice as much fiber as the average American eats in a whole day!!
- 2 cups frozen blueberries
- 1 cup frozen sliced strawberries
- 1/3 cup grape juice concentrate
- 2 – 4 tablespoons honey or pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch or arrowroot powder/starch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Place berries, juice concentrate, and sweetener in medium saucepan and bring to boil.
- Meanwhile, thoroughly mix cornstarch or arrowroot and cold water.
- When berries come to a boil, stir in cornstarch mixture. Return to boil, stirring constantly until thickened. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
Add some fresh sliced peaches along with the vanilla.
Replace 1/2 cup of the blueberries with some frozen raspberries or blackberries.