Ten minutes – 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 – and you’re ready to introduce your taste buds to this full-of-flavor, I’m-gonna-miss-you-summer, super-healthy Garbanzo Pesto Salad!
So easy to make, so tasty, and so good for you. Perfect.
One note: I tried making this salad with canned chick peas for convenience sake, and, I just want to tell you, “No.” Pull out your crock pot, or your Instant Pot to make the garbanzos. It’s worth the extra few minutes of your time. Those dry and crunchy canned chick peas just don’t work here.
That pot full of oh-so-tender, melt-in-your-mouth beans will be just begging to be bathed in luscious basil dressing.
Garbanzo Bean (Chickpea) Tips:
This website is brought to you without annoying ads because we can better live healthier lives without the influence of marketing. But running a high-traffic site is expensive. How can you help? If you purchase anything through the affiliate links on my site, your cost is the same, but I receive a small commission. Thank you!
1. Want to know how to cook garbanzo beans in a jiffy?
2. Want to know how to cook beans in your sleep?
3. Want to know the very best place to get dried garbanzo beans?
Azure Standard carries the ABSOLUTE BEST garbanzo beans (chickpeas) I have ever tasted! They are super fresh and flavorful and always cook up tender and buttery. Once you try them, you’ll never want garbanzo beans from anywhere else.
Garbanzo (Chickpea) Pesto Salad
- 3 cups cooked garbanzo beans (chickpeas) - drained, (I recommend garbanzo beans cooked in a crock-pot or in an Instant Pot)
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup black olive halves - optional
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 2 medium cloves garlic
- 1 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup packed fresh parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil - optional
- 1/4 cup Jennifer's Kitchen Creamy Italian Salad Dressing
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt - or to taste (see note)
- Place drained garbanzos in a mixing bowl.
- Gently mix in onion, olives, and tomatoes.
- Place garlic, basil, parsley, oil, dressing, lemon juice, and salt in food processor and process until mixture is thoroughly combined and basil and parsley are chopped very, very fine.
- Stir basil mixture into garbanzos. Serve immediately.
>> One quick request: if you like this recipe, please leave a rating and a comment. Ratings help more people find these healthy recipes!
For more healthy and delicious recipes like this one that will simplify your journey to a healthier and thinner you, check out my
You my also like:
Before you go . . .
Did you know that you can eat all this delicious food AND lose weight? You can!
No calorie counting. No portion sizes.
Join my online weight loss program today!