Finishing the laundry without ending up with a matchless sock.
Raising one eyebrow.
Making beet soup while wearing a nice white shirt.
And convincing your four-year-old to walk around the puddle.
Some things are just difficult.
But THIS recipe is not one of them! 🙂
And it’s quick. As in 8 minutes or less quick. (I use my veggie chopper to achieve this Speedy-Gonzales time. If you don’t have a veggie chopper, it may take you a little longer. But then, why don’t you have a veggie chopper?)
Cucumber Corn Relish Salad
A refreshing way to serve garden corn and cucumbers on those hot summer days.
- 1 medium red onion, diced small
- 1 stalk celery, diced small
- 2 small to medium cucumbers, diced small
- 1/4 red or orange bell pepper – optional
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil, scant
- 1 teaspoon granulated onion or onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt – see note
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder or granulated garlic
- 1 1/2 cup corn kernels (If using canned, drain well)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley – optional
- Place all ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix well.
- Chill before serving.
The amount of salt needed depends on taste and the amount in the corn if using canned corn.
Leave a comment
Your comments make my day! 🙂