The taste will surprise you. Especially if you don’t normally like sweet potatoes.
Sweet Potato Hash Browns don’t have a sweet taste like baked or boiled sweet potatoes, but instead they’re rather savory like – well, like hash browns. Only with a twist. And they are sooooooo good!
And good for you! For just a few calories you get a load of nutrients … manganese, Vitamin A, Vitamin B, fiber, and more. Sweet potatoes are one of the unsung heroes of weight loss.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder or granulated onion – optional
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder or granulated garlic – optional
- Wash and peel sweet potatoes, then shred using the shredding blade of food processor. (You could shred these by hand, but a food processor does the job in just seconds and makes this dish so quick and easy.)
- Mix sweet potato shreds with about 1 tablespoon of the oil.
- Heat remaining oil in a large non-stick skillet over high heat. Add sweet potatoes. Reduce heat to medium high and allow sweet potatoes to brown on bottom.
- Flip with a spatula and brown on other side.
- Season to taste.
Add some dried herbs like parsley or basil for more flavor.
Some of the posts on this blog contain affiliate links. Buying items through those links doesn’t cost you any extra and is a nice way for you to help me continue to provide this blog. Thank you : )