I did a radio interview the other day and the host was a super nice guy and it was a fun interview, but he made a comment about me eating bunny food.
So … um … I … um … I just want to know … what’s wrong with bunny food?
Especially when it’s in this amazing Mediterranean Couscous Salad! 🙂
Bunny Food Rocks!
Easy to make and full of nutrition, this Mediterranean Couscous Salad (chock-full of delicious bunny food) is a super quick meal and works great as a packed lunch.
Gluten-Free Couscous Salad
If you’d like this dish to be gluten-free, you can use gluten-free couscous or quinoa or brown rice, but note that these options require more seasonings than regular couscous. When you are done preparing this dish, you’ll want to add more seasonings to taste.
Mediterranean Couscous Salad
Yield 6 servings
An easy and healthy salad for your summertime produce.
- 1 1/4 cups uncooked couscous, scant - If you'd like this dish to be gluten-free, you can use gluten-free couscous or quinoa, but note that both require more seasonings than regular couscous. When you are done preparing this dish, you'll want to add more seasonings to taste.
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3/8 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 6 cloves fresh minced garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons granulated onion
- 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 large sweet onion, minced
- 2/3 cups chopped artichoke hearts
- 3/4 cup sliced olives
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 1/2 cups diced cucumbers
- Place couscous in medium pan or dish that has a lid. Stir in boiling water. Cover and allow to sit in warm place for 10 minutes. Remove lid and fluff with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, stir together dressing ingredients (oil through salt).
- Stir in onion, artichoke hearts, and olives.
- Stir in couscous taking care to mix well so all of couscous is seasoned evenly.
- Immediately before serving, stir in tomato and cucumber.
To make this salad more filling, add some garbanzos or avocados .. or both.