I needed to make a side dish for a large get-together the other day, so I wanted something simple – something easy.
I decided on roasted carrots – another delicious dish for vegetable haters.
They were a hit! In fact, I overheard someone say, “I’ll never make regular cooked carrots again!”
Roasting carrots makes them oh, so sweet and delicious!
- 9 - 10 medium carrots
- 1 – 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder or granulated onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- dill - optional
- Wash and peel carrots. Trim off ends. Cut carrots into 1/2- to 3/4-inch slices and place in a mixing bowl.
- Add oil and mix until carrots are well-coated.
- Sprinkle with seasonings and mix well.
- Place carrots single layer on a large baking sheet. Bake at 425°F for 35 to 40 minutes or until carrots are tender and some edges are browned.
Sprinkle with dried or minced fresh dill if desired.
Weight Loss Tip:
Low in calories and high fiber and other nutrients, carrots make a great weight loss food.