Oil-Free Roasted Sweet Potato Coins with Creamy Lime Dip
These deliciously-seasoned, roasted sweet potatoes are oil-free and irresistibly delicious.
- Scrub sweet potatoes under running water. (Peeling is optional. I don’t peel mine.)
- Slice the sweet potatoes into rounds just under 1/4-inch thick.
- Put slices in a bowl and cover with cold water. Sprinkle 2 teaspoons of the salt over the top. Gently mix. Allow to soak for 1 hour or up to overnight.
- When ready to roast the sweet potatoes, pour the water and sweet potatoes into a colander, and rinse with fresh water.
- Pat sweet potato slices dry. (They don’t need to be perfectly dry, but excess moisture should be gone.)
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper. Spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Place half of the sweet potato rounds into a very large, rimmed baking pan (a very large, wide bowl will also work).
- Combine seasonings and starch in a small bowl or container. Dust sliced sweet potatoes with half of the seasoning/starch mix. Mix with hands to distribute starch mixture evenly over sweet potato rounds. The idea is to get a whisper thin coating of the starch on the potatoes, not to cover them in starch. The starch should be barely visible on them.
- Distribute sweet potato coins single layer onto parchment paper. Spray tops of sweet potatoes lightly with cooking spray.
- Repeat with remaining sweet potato rounds.
- Bake at 425°F for 15 to 20 minutes.Serve hot with Creamy Lime Dip.
Recipe by JennifersKitchen at https://jenniferskitchen.com/2019/10/roasted-sweet-potato-coins-with-creamy-lime-dip.html