Creamy Cashew Chive Dip
Yield 16 2-tablespoon servings
Not only is this Creamy Cashew Dip dairy-free, soy-free, and gluten-free, but it's also loaded with fiber – something that no dairy dip can boast!
- 1 1/2 cups raw cashews
- 2/3 cup water
- 5 tablespoons lemon juice (1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon)
- 2 teaspoons tahini
- 2 - 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon (3 teaspoons) granulated onion
- 1 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley – optional
- 2 tablespoons fresh, chopped chives
- Wash cashews in a colander under very hot water. Drain well.
- Place drained cashews, water, lemon juice, tahini, oil, granulated onion, salt, and granulated garlic in blender and blend well. (A heavy-duty blender works best for this recipe; other blenders may not get the mixture smooth enough.) Scrape down sides of blender and blend again until mixture is very, very smooth.
- Add dried minced onion and blend until mixed.
- Stir in dried parsley and chives. Chill.
This recipe works best with a heavy duty blender, such as a Blentec or a Vitamix. Do not divide this recipe; the full amount is needed for the ingredients to blend well in a blender.
Recipe by JennifersKitchen at https://jenniferskitchen.com/2016/04/creamy-cashew-chive-dip.html