Healthy Potato Nachos
Yield 4 servings
These amazing Potato Nachos are not only gluten-free, vegan, and good-for-you, but they are also absolutely scrumptious!!
- 2 pounds russet potatoes (about 4 medium), scrubbed or peeled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons granulated onion
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin – optional
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, scant
- Cut potatoes into slices approximately 1/4 inch thick. (I recommend using a food processor to slice potatoes quickly and ensure slices are all the same size, which helps them bake evenly.)
- Place in a large bowl or gallon-size Ziploc bag.
- Drizzle olive oil over potatoes and mix well. Add seasonings and mix thoroughly.
- Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper and lightly oil. Place potatoes single layer on baking sheets. (It’s okay if some of the potatoes overlap slightly.)
- Bake at 400°F for 35 minutes or until potatoes are nicely browned. (Baking time will vary depending on the thickness of the potatoes.)
- Meanwhile, prepare toppings. Serve hot potatoes topped with cheese sauce, vegetables, and then sour cream.
See notes in post above this recipe.
Recipe by JennifersKitchen at https://jenniferskitchen.com/2015/04/healthy-potato-nachos.html