Vegan Ranch Dressing
Yield 2 1/2 cups
A super-healthy, nut-free, soy-free, vegan ranch dressing.
- 2/3 cups raw sunflower seeds
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk (I like almond milk, but if you want this to be nut-free, use another non-dairy milk.)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon raw sugar (such as turbinado sugar)
- 1 teaspoon granulated onion
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon dried dill weed
- 1 teaspoon dried chives
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- Place all ingredients except parsley, dill, chives, and dried minced onion in blender. Blend until very smooth and creamy.
- Scrape down sides of blender, replace lid, and blend again. A heavy-duty blender works best to get the sunflower seeds smooth and creamy. Other blenders tend to leave a little bit of graininess in the dressing.
- Add remaining ingredients and pulse just until mixed.
- Chill before serving. (This will thicken slightly in the frig.) Keeps in the frig for about 5 days.
Recipe by JennifersKitchen at https://jenniferskitchen.com/2014/12/vegan-ranch-dressing.html