Cherry Vanilla Non-Dairy Ice Cream
Yield 1 1/2 qt.
What could be better than fresh, creamy, homemade ice cream? How about one that is much lower in saturated fat and refined sweeteners, and is made with wholesome ingredients?
- Place coconut milk, sugar, salt, and about half of the rice milk in a medium saucepan and bring to boil.
- Meanwhile, stir starch into remaining rice milk and mix until completely smooth. Be sure there are no lumps.
- When mixture in saucepan comes to a low boil, stir in starch mixture. Bring to a full, rolling boil, stirring constantly with a heat-proof spatula. Remove from heat.
- Place mixture in refrigerator to cool (at least 3 hours, but preferably overnight).
- When mixture is thoroughly chilled, stir in vanilla.
- Pour chilled mixture into a 1 1/2- to 2-quart ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer’s directions.
- When ice cream is done churning, stir in cherries.
You can chill the mixture in the freezer rather than the refrigerator; just be sure to stir it occasionally so it doesn’t freeze solid around the edges.
Please see additional notes below this recipe.
Recipe by JennifersKitchen at https://jenniferskitchen.com/2013/07/cherry-vanilla-non-dairy-ice-cream.html