It’s too hot to cook.
So I’m thinking a quick, summertime picnic salad.
This simple summer salad is a delicious way to employ those beautiful garden tomatoes available at farmer’s markets (or from your garden) this time of year.
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt – or to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 3 large garden-fresh ripe tomatoes - some flavor-rich heirloom tomatoes are fabulous in this salad
- Whisk together all ingredients except tomatoes in a large mixing bowl.
- Dice tomatoes into large pieces and add to bowl. Mix gently.