But then! Then! I made these Walnut Fig Bites!
This website is brought to you without annoying ads because we can better live healthier lives without the influence of marketing. But running a high-traffic site is expensive. How can you help? If you purchase anything through the affiliate links on my site, your cost is the same, but I receive a small commission. Thank you!
The wedding of the century. Fig + walnut: I don’t think there could be a more perfect match.
Introducing Walnut Fig Bites – a healthy treat that is gluten-free, sugar-free, plant-powered (vegan), a good source of calcium, fiber, and other important nutrients.
Sold. Sign me up. And can I have more please?
So Simple! So Easy!
These Walnut Fig Bites are super easy to make. 4 ingredients. 10 minutes.
All you need are some walnuts, figs, dates, and coconut. And the coconut is optional. Add a little vanilla and maple if you’d like. Blend the ingredients in a food processor. Roll into cute little bites. And you have yourself a healthy, sugar-free treat.
Walnut Fig Bite Nutrition
These little Walnut Fig Bites pack a huge nutritional punch!
First, the walnuts. Research suggests walnut consumption may be associated with improved cognitive function – in other words, they’re good for your brain!
Walnuts are also the only nut with a significant source of essential omega-3 ALA.
And walnuts are high in fiber and very satisfying – which makes them a good addition to a healthy weight loss program.
Those luscious, chewy figs are also a great source of fiber. And they’re a good source of potassium, a mineral that helps to control blood pressure.
And those naturally sweet dates. I love using dates as a sweetener instead of sugar, because they are a whole, unrefined source of sweetness that also is loaded with fiber and other nutrients, including vitamin K and manganese.
No-Bake Walnut Fig Bites
Yield 12 balls
Sugar-free, gluten-free, processed-ingredient free, vegan, raw. And delicious!
- 1/2 cup raw California walnuts - optional for coating Walnut Fig Bites (see step #3 below)
- 3/4 cup raw California walnuts
- 1 tbsp shredded, dried coconut - optional
- 1/2 cup dried figs – about 7 to 9 figs (remove stems if present)
- 1/2 cup soft, pitted dates
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon maple flavor
1. If you want to roll your Walnut Fig Bites in chopped walnuts, place 1/2 cup walnuts in food processor and process until walnuts are very finely chopped. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
2. Place all remaining ingredients in a food processor. Process until ingredients are well chopped and begin to stick together. (This takes about 1 minute in my food processor.)
3. Roll into (approximately 1-inch) balls. Roll into chopped walnuts if desired.
Chill (or freeze) and enjoy!