Healthy Fettuccinne Alfredo
Fettuccine that is rich and creamy - without all the fattening cream.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, wash cashews in a colander under very hot water. Place drained cashews, 1 1/2 cups water, seasonings (except parsley), lemon juice, and tahini in blender and blend until very smooth.This may take several minutes if you don’t have a powerful blender. Mixture should be very smooth with no graininess.
- Add cornstarch or arrowroot and blend until well mixed. Add olive oil and blend until well mixed.
- Pour mixture into a saucepan. Rinse blender out with remaining 2 cups water and pour into saucepan.
- Bring mixture to boil over medium to medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Using a heat-proof spatula against the bottom of the pan will help prevent mixture from scorching.When mixture is thick and bubbly, remove from heat. Stir in parsley.
- Drain pasta. Combine pasta and sauce and toss until well coated.
- Season to taste. Serve hot.
Recipe by JennifersKitchen at https://jenniferskitchen.com/2020/02/vegan-fettuccine-alfredo-gluten-free.html