Lemon Tahini Cabbage Slaw
Yield 6 cups
With its gorgeous colors, amazing crunch, and fresh taste, this Lemon Tahini Cabbage Slaw is perfect for a healthy picnic, packed lunch, or just about any meal.
- 2 cups finely shredded red cabbage
- 2 cups finely shredded green cabbage
- 1/2 large sweet onion, thinly sliced (or more if you really like onion)
- 1/2 small fennel bulb, sliced into thin slivers (about 1 cup)
- 2 small carrots, julienned
- 2 medium kale leaves, cut into very thin ribbons (about 2/3 cup)
- 3/4 (heaping) teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon tahini
- 3 1/2 teaspoons granulated onion
- 2 - 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- Place vegetables in a large bowl. Sprinkle with salt and mix well. Set aside for 30 to 45 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together lemon juice, tahini, granulated onion, and crushed garlic.
- After vegetables sit for 30 to 45 minutes, thoroughly drain water from the vegetables. (Do not rinse.)
- Drizzle tahini dressing over the vegetables and toss well.
- Mix in toasted sesame seeds.
Slaw keeps in the fridge for 4 days.
Mix 1 teaspoon dulse flakes in with sesame seeds.
Recipe by JennifersKitchen at https://jenniferskitchen.com/2019/07/lemon-tahini-cabbage-slaw.html