Mexican Black Beans over Polenta - That Was Easy!
Yield 2 - 4 servings
Add a fresh, green salad with a creamy dressing and you have a delicious meatless meal.
- 5 cups cooked polenta (See easy directions here.)
- 1 large yellow onion or sweet onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons granulated onion
- 3/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt if using beans with salt, or 3/4 teaspoon salt if using unsalted beans
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 1/2 cups (one 15-ounce can) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 fresh Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup fresh minced cilantro
- In a skillet, sauté onion and pepper in oil over medium heat until onions are translucent, stirring often (about 8 minutes).
- Add garlic and sauté one additional minute.
- Add seasonings, lime juice, and black beans. Turn heat to high and cook until thoroughly heated (about 2 minutes).
- Stir in tomatoes. Remove from heat.
- Divide polenta among four plates or shallow bowls, spoon bean mixture over polenta and top with cilantro and other desired toppings.
- Serve hot.
Recipe by JennifersKitchen at https://jenniferskitchen.com/2016/04/15-minute-mexican-black-beans-over-polenta.html