Sugar-Free, No-Bake, Cranberry Pecan Bars
Yield 16 bars
A tangy, no-bake, sugar-free, gluten-free bar that's perfect for the holidays and delicious all year round.
- If dates are very hard, place in saucepan with 2 tablespoons water, cover, bring to boil, and then remove from heat. If dates are soft, go to step 2.
- Place dates, 1/2 cup coconut, dried cranberries, salt, and vanilla in food processor and process until all ingredients are finely chopped and mixture clumps together. (This takes about 2 minutes in my food processor.)
- Add remaining coconut and process until coconut is chopped fine and mixture begins to stick together again. (About 30 seconds.)
- Add pecans and pulse a few times until mixed.
- Press mixture into an 8-inch x 8-inch dish. (I like to line my baking dish with parchment paper to make it easier to remove the Cranberry Pecan Bars.) Makes 16 squares. Can be stored in freezer.
This makes a flavorful, but tart bar. If you prefer a sweeter bar, add 1 tablespoon raw sugar along with the dates and cranberries.
Recipe by JennifersKitchen at https://jenniferskitchen.com/2015/12/sugar-free-no-bake-gluten-free-cranberry-pecan-bars.html