Gluten-Free Almond Orange Cookies
Yield 1 dozen cookies
A very healthy holiday cookie with wonderful flavor.
- Prepare baking sheet by covering with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place almonds, salt, arrowroot, and oats in food processor and process until almonds are very fine and powdery.
- Add orange zest and process until mixed. Set aside.
- Mix together sugar, milk, and butter spread in a small saucepan. Bring to a full boil over medium heat, stirring often. (I use a heat-proof spatula to stir it.)
- Allow to boil, stirring often, for 2 1/2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Immediately pour mixture over ground almonds in food processor. (I use a spatula to be sure I get all of the liquid out of the pan.) Pulse several times until thoroughly mixed.
- Drop dough in 1-tablespoon-size balls onto parchment-lined baking sheet about 2 inches apart. If desired, roll cookies into balls or bake as is. (Dough will be somewhat sticky.)
- Bake at 350°F for 12 to 14 minutes or until lightly browned on bottoms.
- Remove from oven and allow to sit on baking sheet for 5 minutes to cool slightly. Remove from baking sheet and place on rack to cool completely.
Recipe by JennifersKitchen at https://jenniferskitchen.com/2014/12/gluten-free-almond-orange-cookies.html