Garbanzo (Chickpea) Pesto Salad
Yield 4 servings
A quick and easy main dish salad takes less than 10 minutes to make. This dish tastes best with crock-pot- or Instant Pot-cooked garbanzo beans.
- 3 cups garbanzo beans, drained (I recommend using crock-pot- or Instant Pot-cooked garbanzo beans in this recipe)
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup olive halves – optional
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 2 medium cloves garlic
- 1 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup packed fresh parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil – optional
- 1/4 cup Creamy Italian Dressing
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste (see note)
- Place drained garbanzos in a mixing bowl.
- Gently mix in onion, olives, and tomatoes.
- Place garlic, basil, parsley, oil, dressing, lemon juice, and salt in food processor and process until mixture is thoroughly combined and basil and parsley are chopped very, very fine.
- Stir basil mixture into garbanzos.Serve immediately.
The amount of salt needed in this dish will depend on the amount already in the garbanzo beans.
Recipe by JennifersKitchen at https://jenniferskitchen.com/2014/09/garbanzo-chick-pea-pesto-salad.html