Avocado Tomato Salad
This zippy salad can also be used as salsa.
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 red onion, diced small
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, scant
- 1 tablespoon olive oil – optional
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup fresh corn kernels – optional
- 1 teaspoon granulated onion
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 medium avocados, peeled and diced
- 2 small to medium tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Mix together all ingredients, except avocado, tomato, and salt, and mix well.
- Immediately before serving, gently stir in avocado, tomato, and salt.
Make Ahead Tip: Salad can be made ahead of time by leaving out the avocado and tomato and adding these immediately before serving.
Recipe by JennifersKitchen at https://jenniferskitchen.com/2014/09/avocado-tomato-salad.html