Oil-Free Basil Pesto
Yield 1 cup
Not your traditional pesto, but a delicious and healthy alternative.
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts or pine nuts – divided
- 1 to 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, scant
- 2 cups packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup mashed avocado
- 1/4 cup cooked white beans with liquid or mashed silken tofu
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, scant
- Place 1/4 cup walnuts, garlic, and salt in food processor and process until coarsely ground.
- Add remaining nuts, basil, white beans (or tofu), avocado, and lemon juice and process until nuts and basil is finely chopped. Serve immediately.
Recipe by JennifersKitchen at https://jenniferskitchen.com/2014/08/oil-free-pesto.html