Creamy Fettuccine - The Slimming Version
Fettuccine that is rich and creamy - without all the fattening butter and cream.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, wash cashews in a colander under very hot water.
- Place drained cashews, 1 1/2 cups water, seasonings (except parsley), lemon juice, and tahini in blender and blend until very smooth. This may take several minutes if you don’t have a powerful blender. Mixture should be very smooth with no graininess.
- Add cornstarch and blend until well mixed.
- Add olive oil and blend until well mixed.
- Pour mixture into a saucepan. Rinse blender out with remaining 2 cups water and pour into saucepan.
- Bring mixture to boil over medium to medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Using a heat-proof spatula against the bottom of the pan will help prevent mixture from scorching.
- Allow to boil for 10 to 15 seconds. Remove from heat. Stir in parsley.
- Drain pasta. Combine pasta and sauce and toss until well coated.
- Season to taste. Serve hot.
1. I recommend Tinkyada brand pasta for effective weight loss.
2. A heat-proof spatula is a handy tool for stirring the sauce while it is cooking.
3. This makes quite a bit of sauce. If you like your pasta not-quite-so-saucy, simply reserve some of the sauce for another use. (It's great over vegetables!)
Recipe by JennifersKitchen at https://jenniferskitchen.com/2014/04/creamy-fettuccine-the-slimming-version.html