Skinny Scalloped Potatoes
Yield 6 servings
Unlike the traditional version, these scalloped potatoes won't add pounds to your weight loss plan.
- 3/4 cup raw cashews
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon granulated onion
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups water - divided
- 10 medium potatoes or 7 large potatoes
- paprika and parsley for garnish
- Place cashews, 3/4 cup water, salt, granulated onion, and granulated garlic in blender and blend until very smooth. (A heavy-duty blender works best for this recipe; other blenders may not get the mixture smooth enough.)
- Add oil and 2 cups of the water. Blend.
- Scrub potatoes and peel if desired. Slice potatoes into thin slices. Place in an oiled 9" x 14" baking dish.
- Pour half of blender mixture over top of potatoes.
- Add remaining 2 cups of water to the blender and blend briefly. Pour over the potatoes.
- Cover and bake at 350°F for 50 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for an additional 40 minutes. Serve hot.
With a food processor to cut the potatoes, this dish can be prepared in as little as 15 minutes.
Recipe by JennifersKitchen at https://jenniferskitchen.com/2014/01/skinny-scalloped-potatoes-gluten-free.html