Yield 1 to 2 servings
A delicious way to include more slimming whole grains in your diet.
- Place milk and salt in a medium saucepan.
- Stir in oats, cover, and begin heating over medium-high heat.
- Meanwhile, cut the apple into small pieces and stir into oats.
- Cut apricots and figs into small pieces. (I cut the apricots into 4 pieces and the figs into 6 pieces.) Stir these into oatmeal when it comes to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 10 to 15 minutes, stirring often to prevent oats from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- When oatmeal is done, stir in walnuts, sweetener, and vanilla. Serve hot.
- Be sure to trims stems from figs before adding to oats.
- This recipe makes enough to serve 2 people if there are other foods served with it (like toast or fruit, etc.)
Recipe by JennifersKitchen at https://jenniferskitchen.com/2013/11/harvest-oats.html