Vegan No-Alarm Chili
This mild chili recipe employs healthful herbs instead of spices for the chili flavor. The seasoning measurements in this recipe may seem like a lot, but they’re not a typo. You will be pleasantly surprised at the rich flavor.
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups (one 28-ounce can) crushed tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups (one 15-ounce can) diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups (one 15-ounce can) kidney beans, drained
- 1 1/2 cups (one 15-ounce can) pinto beans or kidney beans, drained
- 1 1/2 cups (one 15-ounce can) black beans, drained
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon granulated onion
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 tablespoon honey (or another sweetener to make this vegan)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt to taste
- In a soup pan, sauté onion and pepper in oil over medium heat until onions begin to look translucent.
- Add garlic and sauté for 1 additional minute.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes or up to one hour.
- Season with salt to taste.
Serve hot with baked corn chips and sour cream or tofu sour cream.
If you like a garlicky chili, add another clove or two of garlic.
Recipe by JennifersKitchen at https://jenniferskitchen.com/2013/10/vegan-no-alarm-chili.html