Cool and crisp refrigerator lemon pickles.
- 1 clove garlic, cut in half
- 4 small cucumbers (pickling cucumbers work best)
- 2 teaspoons dill seed
- 2 - 3 teaspoons salt, depending on taste
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon apple juice concentrate – optional
- 1 1/2 cups water, approximately
- Place garlic in a quart jar.
- Wash cucumbers and cut into slices.
- Place cucumber slices in jar along with dill, salt, and lemon juice (and apple juice if desired).
- Bring water almost to a boil. Pour very hot water into jars until cucumbers are covered.
- Screw lid on jar and place in refrigerator. (I always give the jar a gentle shake before placing in frig – just to make sure ingredients are mixed well.)
- Wait at least 24 hours before serving. The pickles will taste even better after two days of marinating.
Recipe by JennifersKitchen at https://jenniferskitchen.com/2013/08/refrigerator-pickles.html