Perfectly-Cooked Fluffy Brown Rice
Yield about 8 cups cooked rice
Cooked in this manner, brown rice is delicious and nutritious and easy to digest.
- 2 cups uncooked, long-grain brown rice
- 3 7/8 cups water or stock or broth
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Distribute rice evenly on a large, dry baking sheet. (I use approximately 2 cups of rice for a 13"x 9" baking sheet.Rice should be in a thin layer.)
- Bake at 300°F for 20 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned. (Baking time will vary depending on the type of baking pan used. Dark colored metal pans brown faster than light colored glass ones.)
- When rice is done baking, bring water (or stock or broth) to boil in a large, covered pan with a wide bottom.
- Add rice, cover, return to boil, and then reduce heat. Simmer for 25 to 30 minutes or until all the liquid is absorbed. (Cooking time will vary depending on how hot your stove burner is.)
- Remove lid and fluff rice with fork.
For best results, avoid lifting lid while cooking rice. A pan with a glass lid is helpful when cooking rice since you can see whether the rice is done or not without lifting the lid.
Recipe by JennifersKitchen at https://jenniferskitchen.com/2013/05/about-brown-rice-and-how-to-cook-perfect-rice.html