Coconut Oatmeal Cookies
A luscious cookie that won't ruin your diet!
- 2 teaspoons finely ground flaxseed meal
- 1/4 cup nondairy milk
- 1/3 cup almond butter
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil (soft)
- 1/2 cup raw sugar, turbinado sugar, or evaporated cane juice - divided (see note on sweetness below)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups rolled oats (Gluten-free oats may be used if desired.)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut
- Preheat oven to 325°F. (See preheating oven note below.)
- In a small saucepan, whisk together flax and milk. Bring to boil, stirring occasionally. When mixture comes to boil, remove from heat. Set aside.
- Place almond butter, coconut oil, and approximately 1/4 cup of the sugar in a large mixing bowl. Mix together very well with an electric mixer.
- Add flax mixture, salt, and vanilla and mix.
- Stir in oats, coconut, and remaining sugar by hand. Mix until very thoroughly combined. Dough will be very thick.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop dough onto prepared baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake at 325°F for 17 to 19 minutes or until very lightly browned on the bottom. You don't want them to brown too much or they will be overdone.
- Allow to set for about 1 minute before removing to rack to cool.
Recipe by JennifersKitchen at https://jenniferskitchen.com/2013/03/coconut-oatmeal-cookies.html