Packed with super-nutritious quinoa, these patties are easy to make and wonderfully delicious!
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 1 medium carrot, peeled
- 1 cup cooked white beans, drained very well *see note
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon granulated onion
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder, corn starch, or tapioca starch
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- Finely chop parsley in food processor. Transfer to another bowl and set aside.
- Cut carrot into large pieces, place in food processor, and pulse until finely chopped.
- Add beans, seasonings, oil, lemon juice, and starch and pulse just until mixed but still slightly chunky.
- Add finely diced onion, parsley, and quinoa and process just until mixed. Do not over-process; you want the mixture thoroughly combined but not mushy.
- Using approximately 2 tablespoons of mixture at a time, form into patties. (I use a cookie scoop to form the mixture into quick, nice, neat balls and then I gently pat them flat to form quick, nice, neat patties.)
- Heat small amount of oil in a nonstick skillet. Cook patties until browned on bottom. Turn over and cook until the other side is browned.
If beans are well drained and quinoa is cooked correctly, the patties should hold together firmly. However, if you find that the patties fall apart when cooking them, simply stir one tablespoon flax meal into mixture OR place mixture into refrigerator to chill before shaping into patties.
Recipe by JennifersKitchen at https://jenniferskitchen.com/2013/01/how-to-cook-quinoa-and-quinoa-patties.html