Apple Walnut Granola
Fruit, nuts, and whole grains - a healthy, hearty way to start the day!
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together juice concentrate, applesauce, maple syrup, oil, and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, mix together oats, walnuts, sugar, and salt.
- Stir oat mixture into liquid ingredients.
- Spread mixture about 1/2 inch thick on baking sheet. Bake at 250°F for 35 minutes. Remove from oven and stir. Return to oven and bake for an addition 30 minutes or until granola is golden brown.
- Baking time will vary depending on oven, type of baking sheet used, and how thick the granola is on the baking sheet.
- When granola is golden brown, turn oven off and leave granola in oven until completely dry.
- When granola is done, it should be lightly browned and completely dry.
- Remove from oven to cool.
- When granola is cool, stir in dried apples.
Store in a cool place in an airtight container.
Recipe by JennifersKitchen at https://jenniferskitchen.com/2013/01/apple-walnut-granola.html