Tex Mex Beans and Rice
Yield 4 to 6 servings
This mild version of Tex Mex Beans and Rice is so flavorful and filling, you won’t miss the meat!
- 2 medium onions, diced small (I use my food chopper to cut the onions and carrots because it's super fast, and it keeps the onions from making me cry.)
- 3 medium carrots, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced or diced small
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3/4 cup corn kernels, drained
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth or water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons granulated onion
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon dried cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups (two 15-ounce cans) black beans or pinto beans, drained
- In a large pan, sauté onion and carrots in oil over medium heat until onions begin to look translucent and carrots are tender-crisp.
- Add garlic and lemon juice sauté for 1 additional minute.
- Stir in corn, rice, water, and seasonings and continue cooking for another 5 minutes.
- Gently stir in beans. Cook until heated thoroughly.
Recipe by JennifersKitchen at https://jenniferskitchen.com/2012/11/tex-mex-beans-and-rice-meatless-monday.html