This full-of-flavor salad has quickly become one of my favorite dishes.
And what’s not to love?
It’s super easy to make.
It tastes fabulous.
It’s high in fiber.
It’s chock full of important nutrients,like iron, vitamin K, folic acid, and vitamin C.
And did I say easy to make? It is. Takes about 10 minutes to prepare.
Avocados are a highly- nutritious food. According to avocado.org, avocados provide nearly 20 essential nutrients, including fiber, potassium, Vitamin E, B-vitamins, and folic acid. They also act as a “nutrient booster” by enabling the body to absorb more fat-soluble nutrients, such as alpha and beta-carotene and lutein, in foods that are eaten with avocados.
Black Bean, Avocado, and Lime Salad
A quick and easy, full-of-flavor, main dish salad.
- 3 cups (two 15-ounce cans) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups corn kernels
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon lime zest – optional
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced cilantro or 1 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 1 teaspoon onion powder or granulated onion
- 1 teaspoon salt - see note
- 3 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 Hass avocado, peeled and diced
- Stir together all ingredients except tomatoes and avocados in a large mixing bowl.
- Add tomatoes and avocado and gently mix.
- Serve immediately.
The amount of salt needed depends on the amount already in the black beans.
Make Ahead Tip: Mix together all ingredients except tomatoes and avocados and place in a sealed container in the refrigerator. Add tomatoes and avocados immediately before serving.
Variation: Add 1 bell pepper, seeded and diced, along with the tomatoes and avocado.