Salads are often considered a good diet food because they’re high in nutrition while low in calories, but a plate of lettuce and carrot shreds for lunch leaves me with a very serious craving for a big bag of cookies before 2:30 rolls around.
Loaded with protein, healthy fats, vitamins, minerals, and everything else you need to get you through the afternoon, this power salad is anything but skimpy, makes a perfect packed lunch, and won’t leave you feeling hungry later. It’s a full, satisfying meal in itself.
The salad dressing I use over my Power Salad is this Healthy Creamy Italian because it is my absolute favorite. Hoooooweeeva … you could use any dressing you like; this salad is flexible like that.
Speaking of flexibility, that’s another great thing about this salad. Want more artichoke hearts? Pile ‘em on! Don’t have any tomatoes on hand? No prob. Like croutons with your salad? Go for it!
Oh, but you definitely need to try this salad with these luscious, buttery green ripe olives from Lindsay. I’ve never tasted an olive like this and they are, hands-down, my favorite! Anytime I eat this salad, it’s got plenty of Lindsay Green Ripe olives on it.
- 2 3/4 cups chopped salad greens (about 4 to 8 ounces, depending on the type of greens)
- 1/2 cup drained white beans
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1/3 cup diced artichoke hearts
- 1/3 cup sliced olives
- 3 tablespoons diced sweet onion
- 1/4 cup diced cucumber
- 1 small tomato, diced or a small handful of cherry tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic, crushed – optional
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds or pepitas
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup salad dressing
- Place salad greens on a plate.
- Top with remaining ingredients.
This Power Salad recipe is also the perfect meal for hot summer days. No heating up the kitchen. No dirty pots and pans! No cooking!
In about 10 minutes you have an easy, filling, delicious, and satisfying meal.