There aren’t many vegetables that don’t taste fabulous roasted in some olive oil, garlic, and salt. Roasting vegetables brings out the sweetness and flavor of an otherwise blah vegetable.
- 8 cups peeled and cubed butternut squash (1 large squash or 2 small ones)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Peel squash and remove seeds. Cut into 1 1/2” chunks and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Drizzle olive oil over squash and mix until all pieces are coated evenly.
- Stir in seasonings, taking care to mix well.
- Distribute single layer onto baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 35 minutes or until pieces are tender and lightly browned on edges. Baking time will vary depending on age of squash and size of squash pieces.
Some of the posts on this blog contain affiliate links. Buying items through those links doesn’t cost you any extra and is a nice way for you to help me continue to provide this blog. Thank you : )